Friday, April 8, 2011

My Kitchen Project

Old Kitchen Hardware


Removing all the cabinet doors to repaint and put on the new hardware.

Had to remove the contact paper from that cabinets. This was a huge pain and not only was there one layer, but two! Fun times.

One cabinet painted, 7 more to go.

Looks nice doesn't it!

So, I decided to take on the project of replacing the cabinet hardware, repainting the doors and painting the inside of the cupboard since none of it matched the white exterior. In order to paint, I had to remove all the contact paper (two layers) from the cabinets. Luckily my mom did most of this for me when she helped us the first weekend we owned the house (Thanks Mom!) but there were a couple cabinets left that hadn't been done. From there I have to sand the cabinet to remove all the stickiness and then I could finally paint.

So far I have only done one cabinet but it looks really nice. The only problem we have now is that the new hinges don't match the existing holes and we have to drill new ones. This is becoming a much harder project than I had anticipated. Got to love DIY remodeling!

No comments: